NACCPSW offers multiple admission packages that allow healthcare workers from varying backgrounds to upgrade and qualify for membership in our association.
Regardless of where you are in your career, the following packages are designed to help you become a fully recognized member of NACCPSW.
Active NACCPSW registrants also receive 50% off the cost of all additional education and trainin programs.
Option 1 – Healthcare Workers with or without Previous Anatomy & Physiology Training
Total Cost: $1,500 PLAR and Exam Fee and Online curriculum
We provide a Prior Learning Assessment and Review (PLAR) 14 modules for study and 22 modules of Anatomy and Physiology for study. After completing the curriculum for each module you will do a test on all modules and write our International and National Exam and become an NACCPSW member. We will provide all individuals with a transcript of their marks, a Diploma and Certification in the NACCPSW.
Costs for Existing NACCPSW Members
The annual cost for NACCPSW members to renew their membership is $115. In addition, a $50 replacement fee will be charged to reissue lost certificates, diplomas and transcripts.
Policy Prior Learning Assessment and Review
PLAR requires a copy of your resume, transcripts from nursing degree, police check, listing of places and years of work and CPR/First Aid. The review process is for your transcripts and level of achievement. Current and past employment is reviewed. Correspondence outlining why you wish to have this course. Three paragraphs, hand written.
All courses and fees must be paid before EXAM and PLAR. Please note we do not review material unless you have paid your fees.
- National and third party testing of academic and workplace skills
- Resume building and employment counselling services
- Provision for group insurance for workers within Canada
- Provides support, registry and discounted ongoing training to members from other countries immigrating into Canada under the Live-In Caregiver Program
- Advocating for individuals; increasing wages, setting standards
- Training and Testing, Prior Learning Assessments
- Enhancing support networks
- Giving greater respect and recognition to the Front Line Worker; Certification and recognition of standards.
- Increased efficiency when individuals strive to better their performance on the job.
- 50% off all future training costs
Benefits of Training and Standards for homes using CPSWs:
Reduced turnover: Homes that have the advantage of training tend to be better staffed and provide higher wages, benefits, stronger worker protections, and lateral movement within the employment of the front line worker.
Increased productivity: Training staff to work more efficiently or effectively; can rapidly increase their productivity. Employees may be lacking a skill, which in turn may increase the time they take to complete a task. It may even stop them from undertaking it in the first place. Offering skills development will increase employee confidence and job satisfaction.
Improved Quality of Service: Training your employees in all areas can increase the quality of service and job satisfaction with higher standards. This increases employees’ positive attitudes, eliminates improper attitudes, and provides rewards and recognition for the valuable worker.